Thursday 24 October 2013

Quick Task 3

Just spent some time at Avery Hill doing Quick Task 3. It's all done, and printed out and it's only Thursday. It leaves me the rest of the week to try and get to grips with GIS etc so I can sort out the Demographics for Southwark.

I've discovered InDesign and am so happy. All I need to do now is work out how to link all the other processes together.

I'm not happy about the racket that the other students have been making in the Mansion Lab all morning. One lot were so loud they didn't hear me ask them to be quiet!

I'm off home now before I really lose it, just in time to go to the dentist and take my daughter to her sleepover. Half term was supposed to give me more time to work on Uni stuff. I forgot to take into account that they can now arrange things themselves then need Mum's taxi service.

My .pdfs wont load at the moment, I'll try again later.

I did try later and the pdfs from InDesign still don't work, I pulled them in to Photoshop and re exported them. Looks like I'll be using Photoshop to add more dynamism!






I had another go at Quick Task 3. I tried what Jamie said, and while it was an improvement, it still wasn't dymanic so here's my offering:


It's still not right, but I'm not spending any more time on this one. It looks like I'm trying too hard, the rectangles fight with the irregular shape, and I'm frustrated because I couldn't crop or mask in the way I wanted to. Time to move on to the next task.


No comments:

Post a Comment